Literary Pumpkins!

Hello all!

I was googling around, looking for some good Halloween pumpkin carving ideas, and I wanted to share with you my favorite literary pumpkins. Enjoy!

1. Classics

Source
Source

Frankenstein's Monster from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1818) and Dracula from Bram Stoker's Dracula (1897). Although these images are recognizable due to their popularization by Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi in the 1931 films,the classic stories have been well served by the publicity.


2. Sherlock Holmes

Source

Gotta love the famous detective! Sherlock Holmes from Arthur Conan Doyle's stories (1887).


3. Jane Austen

Source

An elegant pumpkin for the fan of classic literature.  Sense and Sensibility (1811), Pride and Prejudice (1813), Mansfield Park (1814) and Emma (1815), among others.


4. Poe's Raven

Source

"The Raven" by Edgar Allen Poe.


5. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Source
Source





I am partial to the Hogwarts' crest because it has a certain nostalgia for me: reminding me of the books that were still about the school. However, the Deathly Hallows symbol is also cool, so I included it. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling (1997-2007).


6. Lord of the Rings
Source

Source














These take a significant time to do well, but look so cool. I did not include the Eye of Sauron largely because it isn't really canonical. The Ring's inscription and the Fellowship from The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R Tolkien (1954).


7. Camp Half-Blood

Source

Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan (2005-2009).


8. Narnia

Source
Source

















The Chronicles of Narnia were a huge part of my childhood, so when I saw this one, I had to include it! Lucy and Mr. Tumnus from The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis (1984).


9. Cheshire Cat

Source

Any cat with a big grin is instantly recognizable as the Cheshire Cat from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (1865).


10. Cthulhu

Source

This is my favorite. It is on point thematically while being both rare and recognizable. Cthulhu from"The Call of Cthulhu"  by H.P. Lovecraft (1928).


Let me know if you try any of these!

Comments

Popular Posts